Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2 week well baby visit.


Hi friends,
On Monday I had my two week well baby visit with Dr. Jordan. Do you remember me telling you about the nurse that I didn't like because she took off my clothes and put me on a cold scale? Well, guess what! I got my pay back. While she was putting me on the scale my mama mentioned that I would probably pee, so she casually grabbed my diaper to cover me. After weighing me, she placed me back on the exam table and removed the diaper as she began talking to my papa and... BAM! I let out a nice healthy stream of pee all across her shirt totally soaking her and the exam table. Hopefully she will think twice before putting me on that cold scale again.


Once the nurse left mama wrapped me in a blanket and papa rocked me as I quickly fell asleep in his big comfy arms. Then Dr. Jordan came in and answered a bunch of my parents questions. My mama asked him many many many questions but I didn't mind since I was happily sleeping. I think she worries a little too much about me, but I guess that is the job of the mama. 


Once Dr. Jordan and my parents ended their conversation about me, my gas, RSV concerns, room temperature for my nursery, nursing, the soft spots on my head, my eyes, sleep patterns and the many other things mama thought of... Dr. Jordan did his exam. In two weeks I have gained two pounds and grown an inch in length. This put mama's worries to rest about nursing and if I was getting enough milk. I am now 21.25 inches and 8 lbs. 4 oz. Papa keeps telling me that I better not grow to be taller than him. I am going to take this as a challenge, watch out papa here I come!


Did I mention that I got many kisses and lots of love during this visit? Besides the pee incident, I was happy as can be and very calm for Dr. Jordan as he did his exam. Mama and papa were very proud of me for being such a good boy. They apologized to the nurse even though they warned her, and they laughed about it after she left the room. Mama and papa know me pretty well so far. I think this is because I have peed on both of them many many many times.

Lost of love, wiggles and giggles,
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment