Sunday, December 19, 2010

My first Christmas tree.


Mama, Papa and I decorated our Christmas tree a few weeks ago. We were excited to put it up as soon as Thanksgiving passed since this is my first Christmas. Papa made cranberry-chocolate-chip pancakes for breakfast, we dressed up in festive jammies and listened to Christmas music. Mama and Papa told me about Christmas, about our special tree (It was my great-aunt Marilyn and great-uncle Grant's) and told me stories about a few of the ornaments. There are so many wonderful and special ornaments on our tree. There are a bunch of gold ones with my Papa's name on them from when he was little, some homemade ones too. Mama tells me that she is going to collect special ornaments for me while I am growing up to put on my Christmas tree when I have my own family. She likes to think ahead, it makes me feel very special. I am excited to experience old traditions and create new ones with my family.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I am looking forward to dressing up in matching jammies on Christmas Eve (a family tradition), opening presents on Christmas and spending the day with my family.

 Lots of love, wiggles and giggle,
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment