Tuesday, November 16, 2010

1 month well baby visit.

Hello world,
Last week I turned one month old! Amazing isn't it? It seems that all of my little birthday or anniversary celebrations happen at Dr. Jordan's office... 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month and soon I will go back for my 2 months check-up. I heard that normally you get cake for a birthday but so far this hasn't happened for me. I get snuggles, a light flashed in my eye, a cold scale and on this last visit an ouchie shot!

Before I get too far ahead of the story I should start at the beginning. For this visit papa couldn't come, so mama and I went together. This was our first outing alone. She sang to me on the way to our appointment and I fell asleep. While we sat in the waiting room we meet some other kids and their parents. There was a cute little girl who was beginning to walk, I can't wait to be able to do that. So far, I like to kick a lot, just like when I was in mama's belly... but now my kicks are becoming more intentional. I also like to scoot around my crib and on the floor, as well as hold on to mama's hair, shirt and shoulders when she is snuggling with me, and papa's neck when he burps me.


Back to our appointment. When we got into the exam room, a really nice nurse weighed me and it wasn't as bad as I remembered. She was really nice and gentle, and I didn't even cry. She also measured my length and head. She really stretched me out and I straightened my legs as far as I could. Papa keeps joking with me that he doesn't want me to be taller than him, so I am trying to grow as much as I can just to prove him wrong. It turns out that at 1 month I am 22 3/4" which is in the 90%ile! I wonder how tall papa was when he was my age? 


After the nurse left, mama snuggled me in my favorite green blanky and I feel asleep. Dr. Jordan could hardly even get me to open my eyes to look at them with his bright flash light. Then he answered a few of mama's questions and told her that I am doing really well. After Dr. Jordan left the nice nurse came back and gave me my first shot. She warned mama that I would probably cry like she had never heard before and she was right. Mama snuggled me while the nurse gave me the shot and I instantly opened my eyes and a second later screamed like never before. Mama later told me that she could see the pain in my eyes right before I cried and that it broke he heart a little. After I started crying she held me tight and I calmed down as she talked to me. The nurse told me that she was sorry for having to give me the shot but it would keep me safe. She was really nice, so I forgave her. I hope I will see her again. I liked her much more than the nurse before... I peed on her!

Lots of love, wiggles and giggles,
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment