Saturday, November 13, 2010

My First Halloween


Hi Friends,
My first Halloween started with a surprise from one of our neighbors. In our neighborhood there is a tradition of being "Boo-ed." When some one "Boo-s" you they leave a bag of goodies on your door step, ring the door bell and run! Usually you get a bag of candy with some other treats as well as a picture of a cartoon ghost that you put in your window so the other neighbors know that you have been "Boo-ed." Then you have to "Boo" two other neighbors.

This year we received a bag with some tasty treats for mama and papa and a cute Halloween footed onesie for me! Check out the little pumpkin feet!


For my Halloween costume mama dressed me as a little bear. She bought the costume a few weeks before I was born. She wasn't sure if I would fit into the newborn sized outfit and she was right... I just swam in it but it was very soft, so I didn't mind.


My costume kept me so warm and comfy... which made me sleepy, especially when papa held me.

Auntie Esme came over to help us carve pumpkins, she is comfy too. I fell asleep while she held me. She carved my pumpkin for me since I am still working on my hand-eye coordination and more importantly, I shouldn't play with sharp objects.


After we carved our pumpkins, we visited a few of our neighbors. First we stopped across the street at the Welchs. They have two cute little girls who gave me a lot of candy and also sang a song for me about a turtle who ate soap. I am not sure why the turtle ate the soap but the girls laughed and laughed about it which made me happy. The girls also gave me some cute shoes with puppies on them and a little sleep sack with ducks on it that they had outgrown. I can't wait to wear those puppy shoes.



Next we went to the Craigs' house. They live next door to us and have two older girls. The Craigs also gave me a bunch of candy as well as a baby blanket and a little giraffe. Mama told me that normally you don't get gifts when you trick-or-treat, so I felt very special. We have the best neighbors! They have all been so sweet in welcoming me to the neighborhood.



I can't wait for next Halloween when I can dress up again and visit my wonderful neighbors!

Lots of love, wiggles and giggles,
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment